SAFETY AND BURNING TIPS
We want you to experience the ultimate pleasure and enjoyment from our candles. We sell them with pride, knowing only the finest quality ingredients and materials are used. But in the end it all depends on you that you burn candles responsibly to ensure their safe use. Following guidelines ensures your candles a bright and beautiful part of your life.
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Use holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/8 inches at all times.
- If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material. Keep the wick centered.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- Keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Teach everyone in the family the rules of safe candle use.
- Glass containers are fragile; so please handle them with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke. Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/8″. If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/8″, and relight.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left. The amount will vary per color, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2″ of wax remains. Only burn in a suitable holder, or on a plate or other fire and heat resistant surface.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- When wax pool reaches the candle?s edge, extinguish flame and allow candle to harden before relighting. This will prevent dripping.
- Discontinue use when 1/2″ of wax remains.
- Never place directly on furniture. Only burn in an appropriate holder.
RUSTIQUE & ANTIQUE CANDLES
- To prevent possible dripping: avoid drafts, excessive vibrations or nearby heat sources.
- Candle (hurricane) lamps may cause dripping due to the build up of heat. We suggest using bobeche, decorative accessories designed to catch dripping wax.
- Be sure tapers are straight, and set them firmly in their holders.
- Trim the taper’s wick to 1/8″ before lighting.
- If wick smokes or builds up carbon, extinguish flame and remove the carbon before relighting.
BRIDGEWATER VOTIVE CANDLES
- Burn only in an appropriate holder. Do not burn freestanding.
WOODWICK WAX MELTS
- Place Wax Melt tabs in the top of a dry Wax Melter and never add water. Light a tea light candle (scented tea lights are not recommended) for a controlled low flame made especially for Wax Melts. When melted, the wax tabs will release its wonderful fragrance.
- To change fragrance, extinguish the tea light and allow the melted Wax Melts to harden. Gently tap the sides of the burner and in most cases the wax will pop out. Discard the melted Wax Melt tab or store in a plastic bag for reuse.
- If using an electric wax heater, we recommend that you use one that is UL listed for safety assurance.
Instructions for use. Warning
- Burn within sight.
- Keep away from things that catch fire.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Place Wax Melt tab in the top of Wax Melter.
- Do not add water. Light an unscented tealight inside the unit base.
- Use metal cup tea lights ONLY.
- To change fragrance, extinguish the flame and allow the melted Wax Melt tab to harden. Gently apply pressure to wax disc with palm of hand, and in most cases the wax will pop out. Do not use metal objects to clean wax from warmer as this may crack or damage unit.
- Do not use warmer if chipped or cracked.
- Warmer may become hot while in use.
- Do not touch or move until cool.
- Not intended for use with fragranced warming oil or potpourri refresher oil.