Why vegetable wax?
We offer plant-based, biodegradable, and vegan wax candles manufactured in large quantities while not losing the high quality. But why have we chosen vegetable wax?
It is easy to think that all candles can fall into the same category. But the different materials all must be handled differently in production; paraffin is the simplest, hence most common, material to use, whereas natural wax is extremely sensitive to temperature and thus invites a complicated production process. Properly done, however, it is possible to maintain a consistently high quality in the production of candles made from natural wax.
Candles Scandinavia’s unique blend is made of the finest vegetable waxes available. The base of the blend is rapeseed oil sourced from local farms.
The seeds are grown with short transport routes and fulfil Swedish standards on cultivation, waste treatment, processing, and transportation.
We have chosen to work with a natural blend since we believe it is superior in every way. It is kinder to the environment while also being biodegradable, sustainable, plant-based, and vegan. While candles based on paraffin can be unhealthy to breathe in, ours is toxic-free. More than that, we do not test on animals, and our blend is certified vegan. The result is a company secret that has been achieved after years of refinement and is continuously improved. Always striving to make the blend a little bit better with every batch made.
What signifies Candles Scandinavia’s wax blend
✓ No paraffin and no petroleum
✓ No soy
✓ Exceptional, clean burn
✓ Amazing scent throw
✓ Low soot level
✓ Low frosting
✓ Optimal crystallization
✓ Locally grown
✓ GMO free
✓ Certified sustainable palm oil
- Most often made of soy or palm-, rapeseed- or coconut oil. At Candles Scandinavia, our blend consists consist of mainly rapeseed oil.
- Wax with excellent, lasting scent and very low soot levels.
- Exceptional burning qualities with a high melting point.
- Difficult to process due to the complex chemical composition. Properly done, natural waxes hold a very high quality.
- No animal products or animal testing.
- Due to its low melting point, soft wax is often mixed with stearic acid (animal or palm fatty acids) to make it harder.
- Fine scent throw but has high soot levels compared to other wax types.
- Easy to process and suitable for scented candles, but less sustainable and can even be unhealthy to breathe in.
- Petroleum wax is stable and is easy to use in production.